Sunday, July 6, 2008

Week of 6/30-7/6 Workouts!

6/30/08: 4.5m run/800m swim Brick

heartrate: n/a

weather: hot

Notes: The run was slow today. Taking a week off was not a great idea, AT ALL. The swim was painfully slow too. I felt like I hadn’t swim in forever. Ughh..Bck on the horse.


7/1/08: 2.5m run/30 min swim Brick

heartrate: n/a

weather: hot
Ave: 8:48/mile

Notes: Ran to Stacy pool from the house, swam for 30 minutes and ran back home. This will probably very quickly become my favorite workout ever. Nothing beats a hot run then a swim, followed by a another nice run. Run/Swim/Run…they must have a race like this somewhere?!

7/2/08: 3m run with SoCo run club

heartrate: n/a

weather: hot
Ave: 9:10/mile

Notes: Got in a little run with the family at SoCo tonight. The best part: the tacos and libations afterwards!

7/3/08: 22mile bike with Whitey!

heartrate: n/a

weather: hot
Ave: 15.5 mph

Notes: It was really hot today, but I got Whitey back from ATC and decided to give her a nice spin. About $300 and a bunch of Cervelo parts later and I am in love. I have to admit, the new setup (not to mention, working with bar-end shifters) is pretty aggressive. I feel like my butt it floating up in the air! It’s going to take getting use to. However, Ron and the guys did an awesome job. She rides great…the shifting needs a little work but I think its more due to the cabling needing to stretch a little bit. (Blue, my Fuji, was already stretched out when I got him).

It’s going to be a fun rest of race season!!

No comments: