Sunday, July 13, 2008

Week of 7/7-7/13 Workouts!

7/7/08: 3m run (ah yeah)
heartrate: n/a
weather: hot
Total: 27:30
Ave: 9:10/mile
Notes: I felt slow, but I blame the weather! This weekend is another race, so this whole week will be dedicated to getting in all of my workouts and making sure I am the best shape I can be going into the race!

7/8/08: 2.5m run/1000m swim Brick
heartrate: n/a
weather: hot
Total: 23:30
Ave: 9:12/mile
Notes: A nice brick to Stacy Pool. I swam the workout in about 30 minutes. Still don’t feel 100% about my swim stroke, but I’ll get the race done!

7/9/08: 3m run with SoCo run club
heartrate: n/a
weather: hot
Total: 25:15
Ave: 8:07/mile
Notes: Tonight I decided, even though it was hotter than HELL it seems, to race the boys. I didn’t actually get passed by anyone, but still came in 2nd after one of the REALLY fast guys. I think he beat me by at least a minute. It was fun to race…hopefully I’m not too sore tomorrow!

7/10/08: 12mile bike with Blue!
heartrate: n/a
weather: hot
Ave: 16.4 mph average
Notes: Whitey had to go back to shop one last time, so I brought Blue out for a ride. We had a great time and although I didn’t ride much, we had a nice clip while we made our way around the Veloway and the Mopac loop. Hope I get Whitey back in time to race Sunday though…

7/11/08: 2.5m run and 600m swim Brick
heartrate: n/a
weather: hot
Ave: 8:48/mile
Notes: Got in a 22 minute run and (barely) a 30 minute swim at Stacy pool. This is my last workout before Couples Tri on Sunday! I’m excited about the race moreso because I convinced my running partner, Matthew (who is also in Gilberts Gazelles), to do his first triathlon!!! This is going to rock. Haha, all of my friends have nicknamed me “The Tri-ed Piper” because I keep recruiting my friends into triathlon. But what can you say…it’s addictive!!!!!!!!

7/13/08: Couples Tri!
(Read the race report in a separate entry!)

No comments: