Sunday, March 30, 2008

Week of 3/24-3/30 Workouts!

3/25/08: 4 Miles with my buddy Chris!
total running: 40 minutes or so...
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: warm
Notes: I ran with my good buddy Chris today. We weren't breaking any speed barriers, but it felt good to run and talk with him. Town Lake (Or Lady Bird Lake as they are referring to it now, but I refuse to call it that) had all types of folks out today getting their runs in. It was really inspiring.

Chris really inspires me too. He plans to train for his first triathlon in a few months. I can't wait to help him figure out how to get there and train properly!

3/26/08: 6 Miles/SoCo Run Club
total running: 59:06
ave. 9:51/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: warm
Notes: I decided to run to SoCo Run club, then run with them, and run back home today. I live about 1.5 miles away from where we meet on S. Congress (I actually think it's closer to a mile, but there are two reallllly long lights I have to wait at...) so it's not a big deal.

The actually 5k was great as I ran with a new member, Matthew, and we basically led the 2nd pack all the way. We probably ran a 25 minute 5k. It felt great, especially considering I sprinted the last 200 yards and that is all uphill! The run home wasn't that great though, kids don't drink and run...lol.

3/27/08: 1 hour swim at the City pool!
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: warm
Notes: So I met another new friend at the Stacy pool, which is a free city pool. It was pretty crowded so we didn't get to swim much, but it was nice to get in the water again.

No comments: