Sunday, March 9, 2008

Week of 3/3-3/9 Workouts!

3/5/08: My first Austin run! 3 Hilly miles!
total running: 30 mins or so
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool
Notes: Well, I am finally here and doing well! Not quite unpacked yet, but that's okay, as I can get that done a little later this week...

Looked at the map real quick and mapped out a quick and 'easy' 5 miler...well, turns out that it wasn't easy at all...the first .5 mile is downhill from my house, then a mile gradual uphill, then about .5 mile that is flat, then almost an entire mile up a STEEP uphill...but I do finish the run going downhill:)

Wow, Austin is going to get me in shape...

3/7/08: 6.5 (Lost) miles near my house!
total running: 1:05
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool
Notes: Got lost somehow because I didn't study my map well enough. At one point, I found myself feeling into my shorts pocket for a dollar or two to ride the bus home...if I even knew WHICH bus to take home.

Somehow, I figured it out, and my run was a good 'long run,' and I actually felt okay despite the hills.

3/9/08: 4.5 Miles to Townlake and Back!
total running: 46 minutes or so
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: breezy
Notes: I didn't get lost today, just did another run from my house, to Town Lake, and back. I don't live very far away, only 1.5 miles, so I ran a small loop of the Lake before heading back home.

Going there was fun, all downhill running....but running back wore me out (all uphill running). This is certainly a run meant for truly gruling training days only, lol....

No comments: