Sunday, March 23, 2008

Week of 3/17-3/23 Workouts!

3/17/08: Neighborhood 3 Mile Jaunt
total running: 27:40
ave 9:33/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool
Notes: Just a nice 3 mile run around the neighborhood. I'm feeling a little more confident on the hills so I am starting to push a little more...

3/18/08: Neighborhood 3 Mile Jaunt
total running: 29:10
ave 9:43/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: cool
Notes: Legs felt tight today so I backed off the pace. Overall, felt good though.

3/19/08: SoCo Run Club 3 Miler!
total running: 25:52
ave 8:38/mile
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: humid but breezy
Notes: Found out about a cool little run club through one of my favorite websites ever, Craigslist, and decided to go check it out! It was so much fun! $1 tacos, $2 Lone Star 16oz's and a 5k run thrown in beforehand. How can you ever go wrong?!

Looks like I found my running club, lol... :)

3/20/08: 11 Mile Bike Ride!
total ride: 45 mins or so
ave 14.7 mph
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: overcast
Notes: Met up with a new friend and rode near my work today at a really cool place called the Veloway. It's basically the safest place to cycle in Austin. 3 miles of round and round loops where only cyclists are allowed and then a few extra miles on the roads nearby. Not a ton of cars, and cyclists pretty much rule the wide shoulders...

Anyhow, the ride kicked my butt. First of all, this is the first time I have rode my bike in a month. Secondly, I have never cycled hills, so I don't even really know how to shift gears, lol. I got a good ride in but it will be awhile before I feel confident on the roads here...



No comments: