Monday, January 18, 2010

Houston 2010: My slowest half yet!

And I actually enjoyed it! Granted I felt guilty as HELL for not running the full, but it just wasn’t in the cards this year. Yes, I realize that running (walking…whatever!) a half isn’t the smartest thing to do when the Docs are saying ‘ummm, you might want to rethink that!’, but believe it or not, I actually felt better running it than just sitting on the sidelines. I saw tons of my old Houston Striders friends, got the cool half marathon medal and shirt and overall, just soaked in the vibe of the best Marathon in Texas (yes, I am sorely biased!)

Anyways, glad it’s done, sorry I couldn’t have stayed longer. My goals (running wise) at this point are to get healthy, get strong and let ‘getting fast’ come to me on its own. BQ 2011 doesn’t sound too shabby right now, and now that I have it all in perspective, I have to admit that I am happy with the way 2010 is turning out so far.

Congrats again to all at Houston…I wanna hear how you all did!

No comments: