Saturday, May 10, 2008

Week of 5/5-5/11 Workouts!

5/5/08: Brick--3M Run and 1 Hour Swim
total running: 28 minutes or so
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: humid
Notes: My elbow is pretty sore after my little tumble on Saturday. (not to mention my black bruise!) However, I taped my elbow up pretty good and was able to swim with no ill affects.

5/6/08: 6.5 Mile HOT run!
total running: about 1:03 or so
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: warm and VERY humid
Notes: Met up with SoCo Matthew at 6pm on a very WARM day. I actually ran the 1.5 miles to the Lake, which was nice because it’s always nice to feel nice and warmed up before a potentially tough run. Originally the plan was to run only 4 miles or so, but it turned into an additional 1 mile since there was some construction going on (as usual) where we would normally turn around. So I ran a total a total of 6.5 miles and had Matt drop me off since there was no way I was going to run another 1.5 miles, especially when it was probably 95 degrees.

5/7/08: Brick--3M Run and 1 Hour Swim
total runing: about 25 minutes
Heart-rate: n/a
Weather: warm
Notes: I pushed on the run despite being a little tired from yesterday’s efforts. Decided that my shoes HAVE to go (they probably have about 430 miles on them…yikes!!!) so I am eager to break in a new pair:) I got some good advice during the swim which I really feel is starting to make a difference in my form. Finally feel like I am becoming a better swimmer! The plan for the rest of the week is going to be different this week since I am going out of town to run the JackRabbit 10k. I am going out of town tomorrow, with plans to maybe get in an easy run before going for a PR on Saturday!

Have a good weekend of racing!

5/10/08: Jackrabbit Run 4 Hope 10k! A NEW PR!
(read about it in a separate race report!)

No comments: