Sunday, October 26, 2008

Houston Half Marathon-A HUGE PR!

1:46:12.

WOW. to think all i had in me was 'just run a 1:50 and I will be happy.'

*running negative splits at sub-8 minute pace at the end of the race was awesome.
*passing people on the overpass 'hills' was awesome ("cookie, cookie, Wilke, Wilke!")
*having the Houston Strider family there to cheer me on was awesome.

an 8 minute PR...and I probably could have done more! more later...after my well-deserved vacation to Panama (the country!)

see ya soon...

4 comments:

Tiggs said...

yay Jess!!!! It was great to see you!

Texas Gal said...

CONGRATS! Awesome run!

Pony and Petey said...

Amazing PR!!!

Sorry if I broke your concentration while running... I had been looking for you and was so happy to finally see you!!

Unknown said...

I missed seeing you. DRAT!!!