Monday, September 1, 2008

The Austin Triathlon!!!!!!

WELL...what to say...

My triathlon season is over for the year! YEAH!!!!!!!!

I'm a little sad though...kind of wish I was doing the Longhorn 70.3 in a month.

Overall, a great race today! My first Oly Distance! I really enjoyed it. It was super hot though, I couldn't drink enough water.

Wearing a wetsuit totally rocks, wish every swim could have one.
Running out of water on the bike totally sucks.
Wearing all-black is never a great idea (but I knew that already).

Time for a 4.5 hour nap following by well-deserved beer and BBQ!

Congrats to all...more later!!!!!

6 comments:

Flatman said...

Way to go...a 4.5 hr nap sounds delicious! :)

UntPawGal02 said...

The Austin Tri course is a fun course! Congrats on completing you first Olympic distance tri :)

Coach Tammy said...

Congrats! I thought about volunteering for that one, but am already buried in studies. :(

Tiggs said...

hey jess- so how was the swim? did it seem like it was really long or? I am worrying about my oly swim coming up soon...

Brittany M. said...

Great job out there! Way to knock out that first Oly--and on the heels of your 10K! Great to have met you in person!

~randi~ said...

Hey Jess. Seems like you had an awesome tri season!

Can't wait to see ya in Houston at the half mara. :D